Engineering Manager - Backend
MediRecords is the #1 cloud-based primary healthcare solution in Australia.
A disruptor in healthcare technology, MediRecords is growing rapidly and moving at lightning speed. Creating real value for our customers through creative and innovative thinking. We are building Australia’s leading Enterprise Saas Platform enabling clinicians, patients & partners to engage in a connected health ecosystem. Whether it’s a local GP or the National Coronavirus Helpline, MediRecords is fully committed to the Australian Healthcare System.
There is no better time than now to join MediRecords! Starting in January 2021 and based in our Sydney HQ we have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager – Backend to join our team. Due to our continued growth and expansion, we have a significant amount of exciting and interesting work ahead of us!
About the role:
As an Engineering Manager – Backend, you will be required to be hands on but you’ll also play a critical role as a technology leader across multiple delivery teams.
You’ll provide leadership, coaching and support to delivery teams to balance technology, delivery and product outcomes in alignment with MediRecords objectives.
Working with the Engineering Manager – Frontend, product managers and other leaders, you will support teams in defining and delivering their product and technology roadmaps and you ensure technical solutions are provided to meet the business requirements.
Who we’re looking for:
To be successful in this position you will bring with you:
- Experience leading teams of developers in a cross-functional context
- Experience working in complex system architectures
- Experience with AWS and DevOps practices
- Extensive experience in springboot, Spring Data, Hibernate
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with API lifecycle management
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience with SQL Queries
- Kubernetes concepts and components understanding would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills, within your team but also with external, non-technical stakeholders
What we will provide you with:
- Permanent full-time role with a competitive salary and employee benefits
- Work with like-minded people in a fun and collaborative team environment
- Ability to grow with the business during a very exciting time
- Flexible working arrangements such as Work from Home
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Regular team social events & more!
Learn more about MediRecords
With offices in both Sydney and Brisbane, MediRecords seeks to transform the delivery of healthcare by building the leading enterprise SaaS platform and enabling clinicians, patients & partners to engage in a connected health ecosystem driving operational efficiencies and delivering superior healthcare outcomes for patients.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have in a software development role?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?