Is your clinical software
ready for the new Australian Immunisation Register rules?
Parliament recently passed new legislation outlining new rules around vaccination reporting to the Australian Immunisation Register, or AIR.
As PulseIT reported:
“All vaccination providers will now be required to report vaccinations to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) following the successful passage of a new law through Parliament last week.
Reporting to the AIR was previously at the discretion of vaccination providers but the new law means any COVID-19 vaccines, once approved for use and administered in Australia, must be reported to the AIR.
Seasonal flu vaccinations, which were previously only reported at a rate of about 50 per cent, must be reported to the AIR from March 1, and all other National Immunisation Program (NIP) vaccinations such as the MMR, HPV and pertussis vaccines, must be included from July 1.”
A link to their full article can be found on the PulseIT website.
This will leave many organisations planning COVID and other vaccine programs with a dilemma, as many clinical software providers do not support such an integration with the AIR.
Fortunately for MediRecords users, the platform supports the following features, and is ready for these changes already:
- MediRecords is fully integrated with Medicare and the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
- MediRecords supports the management of AIR claims and submissions across multiple practices from our leading AIR claiming dashboard.
- MediRecords supports automatic overnight batching and submissions of AIR claims
- Alternatively the system can be configured to support manual processing.
- MediRecords has been updated to support the new COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
- MediRecords is operating at scale across multiple locations.
- The MediRecords vaccination module supports state-based immunization schedules and COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
- The MediRecords module supports the filtering and segmentation of a cohort of multiple patients with the ability to bulk vaccinate.
For help with using any of these features, or to discuss how MediRecords may support your organization following the AIR reporting changes, contact email@example.com or call 1300 103 903.
More from the Blog
Sign up to the newsletter
- Communication the key to reducing hospital readmissions - 14/03/2023
- MediRecords on FHIR at Northern Health - 31/01/2023
- 8 health-tech trends to watch in 2023 - 13/01/2023